Tuesday 18 August 2015

Sunday Lounging


A little later than a Sunday (seriously where did the weekend go?) but my weekend wasn't all about lounging this week. It was home to the country! It feels strange to call it home as I don't know if it quite feels like that yet, this was my first trip out to the new house since my parents moved in and it was the best weekend.

I didn't realise how much I missed thee ol' rents and my home comforts (mum cooked up my fave meal - sausage casserole). I left the hustle and bustle of the city on Friday night and jumped on the train out to the sticks, past the alpaca farm and field of cows, into the heart of Dorset. It is so peaceful out there and our new home is beautiful. Saturday was spent being taken to all the 'hot spots' in the area: a beach trip, a country pub... ticking all the boxes. And Sunday I spent nesting in my new room, finding all my nic-nacks and making it homely.

My adorable parents in the new kitchen <3

It may be more like a holiday home to me, but seeing my parents so settled and happy made it feel no different to the old house... just a bit further away and a little more remote (seriously, I can see miles and miles of fields from my bedroom!). Can't wait to get back and visit for the long weekend at the end of the month... mum has promised to get a tennis membership so we can go play, god help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment