Friday 20 February 2015

ELLE Insider X Jack Wills Spring Lates Event

As an ELLE Insider I had the privilege to attend the Jack Wills event at Covent Garden on Wednesday night. With a look at the latest SS15 collections, some goodies, canapés, drinks and an exclusive Q&A with Richard Nicoll himself.


New creative director of Jack Wills, Richard Nicoll is bringing something new to the quint essentially British brand. You can still expect comfortable lounge wear, logo sweatpants and sweatshirts but the collection is more theme driven with a nod to 90s Brit Pop and the sixties.

During the Q&A with Richard Nicoll we discovered that he is inspired by the youthful optimism and hopes to create an adventurous spirit through the youth culture, with sugary colours representing the 'pop and energy' of the sixties. He is keen on personalising a look, so this season you can collect badges and patches to monogram your fave JW pieces. Another collection favourite is the classic Jack Wills trench coat, updated by injecting a hyper-real bubblegum pink to make the jacket really stand out from the crowd. 


I have mentioned before I am personally fond of the sport luxe look and so I asked Richard where his interest in sports and fashion comes from "I can't really explain why I like it but it's something I've always approached and I like that athletic asthetic, it's something I find very popular in the youth culture, they manage to take a sweatshirt but create modern looks by pairing it with tailored pieces."
We got a brief understanding of where the idea for the shoot location came from "I loved the idea of having this urban backdrop 'a sort of brutalist architecture' against the sugary coloured clothes." For the summer collection we can expect a feeling of a right of passage in 'summer escapism' with a mix of a nautical old school Jack Wills prep look with a more bohemian and organic feel. I can't wait to see the images from the shoot in Cape Town!

As the night came to end, DJ still playing, drinks flowing, I picked out a couple of pieces that I'd had my eye on; the staple grey jersey sweater (remember my sweater obsession... It's continuing) and a classic nautical striped day dress which will be perfect when we get some warmer days.

Thank you ELLE for a fab event hosted by the gorgeous Jack Wills store in Covent Garden, I think I might need one of those chandeliers for my room! 



No comments:

Post a Comment